Western Med

Western Med
Oceania Cruise

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Genoa

We had an announcement this morning that due to high waves it would be impossible to tender in to Portofino, so instead we were heading for  the dock in Genoa. There was a flurry at the information desk as everyone remade their plans. Many people decided to take the train or a taxi to Portofino, but as we had never been to Genoa we decided to have a look around. I was pleasantly surprised by Genoa, it's a beautiful city with many lovely shops and buildings. There are old city walls, and Christopher Columbus's house.We did an open top bus tour to get our bearings, then wandered around on our  own. There are many pedestrian streets, as well as covered arcades on the main shopping streets. I was able to get a new power cable for my laptop, although my battery isn't charging so I need to hook up to power to use my laptop.
The day started out cloudy with some rain,  but ended warm and sunny.




No comments:

Post a Comment